Arden Early Learning takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and other applicable privacy laws seriously. We respect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we handle personal information about individuals.
Personal information collected and held by Arden Early Learning may include an individual’s name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, email address, bank account details, credit card details, occupation, drivers licence number details. Personal information is collected for the purposes of:
• providing our services
• researching and developing (and improving) our services and communications
• reporting to government authorities
• complying with the law
• notification of opportunities to participate in our events and business activities.
How personal information is collected:
The organisation collects personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- directly from people when they provide information by phone, in person or in written form and through electronic communications
- from third parties such as government agencies
- information from referees.
Where possible, the organisation will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. However, in some cases we may receive personal information about an individual from third parties such as employers and government agencies. In either case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is aware of the purposes for which the information is collected.
On commencement of employment/engagement all Astute Early Years Specialists, staff and consultants sign a Confidentiality Agreement which they must comply with in the conduct of their work.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide relevant personal information about individuals to government departments, partners and other organisations where we are required or authorised by law to do so. We may also provide personal information about individuals to our service providers who assist us in providing our services. These may include organisations that assist Arden Early Learning with data processing and analysis, research or mail services.
We may otherwise use or disclose personal about individuals for purposes related to the main purpose for which the information was collected, with the consent of the individual (or with the consent of parents, guardians or authorised representatives as appropriate) or as required or authorised by law.
On commencement of employment/engagement all Arden Early Learning, staff and consultants sign a Confidentiality Agreement which they must comply with.
If I am based in the EU, what are my legal rights under the GDPR?
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection Laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed – that’s an obligation on us to inform you how we use your personal data
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it)
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to request a copy of your personal data in a common format eg, a .csv file
- The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data, and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us email@example.com.
Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Arden Early Learning expects its partners, advertisers and affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. Be aware, however, that third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through our site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. Also, through www.ardenearlylearning.com.au you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, surveys, Web sites, features or contests offered by other parties. Astute Early Years Specialists is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on message boards or in chat areas, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Astute Early Years Specialists and this policy.
Security and Storage
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored in hard copy. Security measures, as well as physical security measures are in place to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to those employees who need to know that information in order to deliver our services.
What happens if an individual chooses not to provide the information?
Individuals are not obliged to give us their personal information. However, if an individual chooses not to provide Arden Early Learning with certain personal information, particularly that information which we are required to collect by law, then we may not be able to provide that individual with the full range of our services.
Website/On line transactions
When registering for our newsletter, becoming a member, booking a tour on line you will be asked for personal information including but not limited to your name, email address and payment details.
Access and correction
You can request access to and correction of the personal information that Arden Early Learning holds about you. If you wish to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed by Arden Early Learning, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy