From January 2024, Kindy is free for all Queensland children.
In Queensland Kindy refers to the year before children begin formal schooling, which lays the foundation for future academic, physical, social and emotional development and success.With a commitment of 15 hours per week and spanning 40 weeks annually, kindy is now accessible without charge for Queensland children participating in a government-approved kindergarten program from January 1, 2024.
- Kindy is 15 hours per week, 40 weeks per year.
- Available for children aged at least 4 years of age by 30 June in the year before they attend Prep.
- Children must be attending a kindergarten program is delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher.
- Families will benefit from free kindy whether they attend a sessional or long day care service.
What are some of the benefits of Kindergarten for your child?
- Kindergarten helps to encourage your child to make friends and connect with others plays a pivotal role in enhancing their social skills. Interacting with peers not only supports the development of communication skills but also contributes to boosting their confidence and cultivating a strong sense of identity.
- Kindy offers valuable opportunities for your child to develop independence and a distinct sense of identity by engaging in a variety of enjoyable and challenging experiences. Interacting with others, making decisions, and navigating the intricacies of life empower children to confront and overcome challenges encountered in their everyday experiences.
- Immersing your child in the world of literacy involves exploring reading, listening, early writing, and speaking. These activities not only enhance communication and imaginative skills but also foster a genuine love for literature.
To learn more about the ‘Free Kindy’ initiative you can visit the government website here.
Our Qld Government Approved Kindergarten Program, led by our Early Childhood Teacher has been designed to give children the best start to their school-life, and hit the ground running.
We’ve built connections with the local schools and organise for regular excursions to nearby schools and school events. We don’t only prepare children to be school-ready, we teach then valuable life skills such as:
Independence Social Skills
Emotional Development Resilience
We have highly-qualified educators that will work with you to develop a plan that will support and nurture your child to meet their educational and developmental milestones. We offer a government approved Kindergarten Program, this is a play based program the is designed to meet governments guidelines to support children’s participation in quality early childhood education. Learn more about our kindergarten program here.