Give our homemade playdough recipe a go! Not only is it fun to play with, but it’s also a great activity for parents and children to do together. Here’s how to make it at home:
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Add the vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water, stirring constantly. The mixture will start to come together and form a dough.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the dough and knead until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Let the play dough cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Store the playdough in an airtight container or plastic bag to keep it fresh for future use.
- Experiment with different colors and scents by adding essential oils or extracts to the dough.
- To make textured play dough, try adding materials like sand, glitter, or rice to the mixture.
- Use cookie cutters, rolling pins, and other kitchen tools to create different shapes and designs.
We hope you enjoy trying this recipe! If you enjoy making things together at home with your little ones why not give our DIY musical instruments a try!